Friday 20 May 2011

Cafeteria - Vancouver, Canada


The new album is almost done, so I better fit in some great Vancouver food before I go.

Cafeteria could be my favorite restaurant in Vancouver (thank you Kristen for the heads up!).  On the wall inside this tiny restaurant is a menu board consisting of 5 starters (for $10), 5 mains (for $20), and 3 desserts, that changes every day.  Small room and small changing menu usually means attention to detail and the freshest possible ingredients.  It fits the stereotype and every single course I have had there has been packed with flavour.

On this particular day, the item that caught my eye was Crispy Pork Belly (New Orleans Style).  The pork was a meat paradise, with a tasty grainy dijon mustard sauce.  Top it off with a cajun classic, red beans, chorizo & rice...and I think it was the best meal I have had out here so far.  HOWEVER, I chose to pass on ordering the Peanut Butter Pie for dessert.  I fucked up.  I fucked up really bad.

Cafeteria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment